Financial Accountant- Hybrid Working
- Ref: JMX12
- Industry: Accountancy & Finance
- Categories: Accounts
- Type: Permanent
About the Role
An excellent opportunity for a Qualified Financial Accountant to join a prestigious Financial Services firm in Liverpool City Centre. This role may be called upon to support a particular line of business, region, or accounting process, as assigned for any accounting processes from the point of transaction through to the close, consolidation, and financial reporting of business outcomes for enterprise. Provides support for a wide range of end to end Record to Report (R2R) accounting processes and general ledger events required to transform data into information for reporting purposes. This includes: processing of complex financial transactions; identifying and analysing exceptions; and providing support for a wide range of R2R activities such as audits, the fulfilment of ad hoc requests, and special project activities.
- Co-ordination of monthly management accounts under UK FRS101 (IFRS equivalent) and US gaap, including reporting, variance analysis, US to UK gaap differences for 2 legal entities.
- Oversight of fixed assets, analysis of major expenditure for internally developed software, management of the capitalisation process, owner attestation and impairment reviews.
- Reconciliations - review and attest balance sheet substantiations
- Co-ordination of annual financial statements for the 2 legal entities, liaison with auditors and other business areas. Areas of importance are fixed asset disclosures.
- Oversight and follow up on tasks undertaken by supporting offsite accounting teams, being prepared to step into the detail and resolve issues to ensure delivery of overall accounting and strategic objectives. Training and developing knowledge of offsite teams. Tasks undertaken by offsite teams will include :-
- Routine month end accounting
- Balance sheet substantiations
- Accounts payable
- Intercompany reconciliation and payment
- Accruals and prepayments, journals and month end support
- Tax analysis, posting and reconciliation
- Annual financial statements preparation
- Disaster recovery for India support team
- Ad hoc duties as required - many and varied including system Testing
- Qualified accountant, with detailed understanding of accounts payable processes and fixed assets
- Management and influencing of offsite and offshore resources