- Ref: JMX23
- Industry: Accountancy & Finance
- Categories: Payroll
- Type: Permanent
About the Role
Do you have a good understanding of the payroll process and are looking for a new opportunity in a supportive and adaptive environment?
My client is one of the leading providers of insurance and legal services and is looking for an experienced payroll officer to join a positive and valued workplace.
The payroll officer will be responsible for assisting in preparing and processing the payroll for all companies. Other responsibilities include:
- Delivery of efficient and accurate payroll processing.
- Prepare payroll processing information, by gathering the information from departments, setting up new employees on payroll, and entering and calculating the monthly payroll.
- Provide employee support on pay issues, by answering staff questions and requests.
- Preparing BACS submission ready for employee payments.
- Comply with HMRC and other legal requirements by keeping up to date on legislation changes, supporting managers in ensuring changes are adhered to.
- Experience of manually calculating tax and NI contributions.
- Good understanding of the payroll process and the PAYE system.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent Microsoft skills.
- Good analytical understanding.
In return, this role offers many benefits, including:
- Medicash cash plan.
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary).
- Minimum 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Active network of Wellbeing champions - providing mental health support.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Funded social events to connect with your colleagues.
- Opportunity to give back to the local community through our wide-reaching CR initiatives.
If this role sounds suitable for you, please apply now!