Private Client Tax Associate
- Ref: shx4588
- Industry: Accountancy Practice
- Type: Permanent
About the Role
Are you looking for a role with a leading independent firm that has an international reach and can offer fully flexible working, full autonomy, excellent career progression plus a market-leading salary and benefits package?
My client is a leading independent firm of business advisers supporting owner-managed businesses. With offices in Manchester & Blackburn, the firm’s core client base of owner-managed businesses resides in East Lancashire but extends throughout the UK and Internationally.
About the role
This role will take responsibility for the delivery of tax compliance services to a portfolio of individuals, partnerships and trusts. You will be contributing to advice, and work on all aspects of personal tax matters within the allocated portfolio of clients; working within a wider tax team, alongside other private client and corporate tax departments and supporting the Directors within the firm.
Through this role, you will have the primary responsibility to deal with all matters relating to the delivery of personal tax compliance services and working alongside the Directors on project work for more complex clients.
- Responsible for a general portfolio of personal tax clients and dealing with compliance matters including preparation and submission of annual Tax Returns of all allocated clients; ensuring all are compliant with tax regulations;
- Looking after the day-to-day issues/queries from clients working with relevant team specialists as appropriate;
- Liaison with HMRC and clients on all personal tax issues;
- Co-ordinating with other professional services to oversee their input into transactions and other tax advisory projects;
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and understanding the client's business in order to identify areas for the provision of tax and other services;
- Provide tax advice to clients, in a supported environment, which may include legislative changes or tax-efficient planning advice where appropriate;
- Responsible for providing consistent client service of a high quality which includes maintaining regular client contact, such as face to face meetings, e-mail correspondence and telephone discussions;
- Assisting with ad hoc project work, which may include work on P11Ds and working across teams within the private client practice;
- Respond quickly to, as well as anticipate, client requests/needs, keep clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintain regular contact with clients.
- 3+ years’ experience within a private client role;
- Experience in preparing self-assessment tax returns for individuals, partnerships and trusts;
- Proficient in undertaking research of technical legislation, HMRC manuals and guidance;
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Experienced in the use of tax return software, ideally CCH;
If you're interested in this position and would like further information click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and I will give you a call to discuss in more detail. If this job isn't quite right for you, it is only one of many that we are handling.
Marshall Moore Practice division currently have vacancies across the North West:
- Accounts Senior & Semi Senior
- Audit Senior & Semi Senior
- Tax Senior & Semi-Senior
- Audit Manager
- Tax Manager
- Accounts Assistant
Feel free to get in touch for a confidential discussion on your career options.