- Ref: shx4973
- Industry: Accountancy Practice
- Categories: Accounts
- Type: Permanent
About the Role
My client is fast becoming one of the regions largest financial institutions. Based in the heart of Liverpool's business district, they have created over 100 new jobs in the last 12 months alone, and haven't finished yet!
They are looking for dynamic, ambitious, hard-working people with excellent communication skills to join yet another newly created finance team.
The scope for growth and development in this firm is immense, with entry-level candidates progressing into managerial positions in less than 3 years being the norm.
The assistant bookkeeper duties:
- Support regional outsourcing teams with basic bookkeeping, accounts payable, credit control and ad-hoc processes
- Process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to support monthly reporting processes and VAT compliance
- Reconcile accounting information to supplier statements, bank statements and other sources to ensure accuracy of financial information
- Process invoices against POs through invoice register, supplier set up, payment runs, creditor reports, invoice breakdowns, end month accruals and supplier reconciliations
- Assisting with payment/invoice queries with client and supplier via emails and phone calls
The ideal candidate:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or actively studying AAT with some finance experience.
- Interest in finance/accounting and willingness to learn how to use accounting packages
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience with other Microsoft packages
- Well presented with a professional level of communication – both verbal and written
- Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise/complete tasks
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to use own initiative and take a flexible approach
In return they offer:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Flexible home working
- Access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- Life assurance cover;
- Income protection insurance.
Their flexible benefits platform means you can choose from a range of tax-efficient options to design a benefits package that best suits you. Including:
- Buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- Add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- Enrol in Bike to Work scheme;
- Enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- Receive an interest-free season ticket loan or interest-free graduate loan;
- Access childcare vouchers;
- Take an online health assessment and utilise an employee assistance programme.
A study support package is in place for team members who choose to pursue a professional accountancy qualification on a self-study basis:
- Full study support for AAT Level 4 or ACCA Strategic Professional Level from day 1.
- Discounted Access to Training Providers
- Interest-free loans
- Paid Examination Leave for exam day
- Unpaid Leave for study
- Staff Peer Group support
- Professional Subscription Fees paid annually
If you're interested in this Assistant Bookkeeper position, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If this job isn't quite right for you, it is only one of many that we are handling.
Marshall Moore Practice division specialises in recruiting all types of practice vacancies for both temporary and permanent assignments including:
- Audit Senior/Accounts Senior/Tax Senior and Semi-Senior
- Audit Manager
- Corporate Finance Specialist
- Transactional Service Analyst
- Partner and Practice Manager
Feel free to get in touch for a confidential discussion on your career options.