Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Ref: Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Industry: Accountancy & Finance
- Categories: Accounts
- Type: Temp
About the Role
An excellent opening for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to join a fantastic organisation on a long term temporary basis working from home.
The Purchase Ledger position offers an opportunity to work within the newly created purchase invoice team within the Finance Department. Responsible to the team leader, you will be a motivated individual. You will be able to perform effectively under pressure and continuously work within tight deadlines processing day-to-day transactions on an accurate and timely basis, monitoring the completion of the subsequent processes, and resolving related queries.
- Purchase Ledger invoice processing
- Register Purchase Ledger invoices and credit notes in a timely manner
- Attach the electronic version of the Purchase invoice
- Link the Purchase Ledger invoice transaction to a purchase order
- Contact suppliers to obtain a PO reference where relevant
- Monitor and resolve outstanding PO reference requests to suppliers .
- Assist with resolving supplier statement discrepancies
- Identify the relevant department for registered Purchase Invoice which do not quote a PO reference
- Obtain a PO reference where relevant
- Monitor and follow up registered Purchase Ledger invoice which have outstanding PO references
- Resolve discrepancies between Purchase Ledger invoice and PO’s which are preventing accurate Purchase Invoices registration
- Monitor and escalate outstanding goods receipting
- Monitor unpaid registered Purchase Ledger invoice
- Establish relevant payment terms and identify potential and actual non compliance with terms
- Escalate as relevant to resolve issues preventing payment of Purchase Ledger invoice
If you are interested please apply ASAP