- Ref: SHX00007
- Industry: Accountancy & Finance
- Categories: Accounts
- Type: Permanent
About the Role
This will be a challenging and rewarding role where you will:
- Client face and both liaise with clients and regional client teams
- Support regional client facing outsourcing teams with advanced bookkeeping, accounts payable and ad-hoc processes and review and management of these processes.
- Support regional client facing outsourcing teams with review and management of management accounts and VAT return preparation and other ad-hoc work.
- Support, coach, train and mentor junior members of the team and act as a point of escalation for quality and performance
- Drive forward standardising process and process efficiencies
- Act as main point of contact with client and client teams, responding timely to requests, resolving issues and building strong working relationships
- Ensuring team work load is managed efficiently and effectively and delivery of workload is timely and at a high level of quality, ensuring clients are provided with excellent service
- Manage people performance; conduct monthly performance reviews, annual performance appraisals, performance management plans and assist with objective setting
- Manage, train and support team leads across an area. Support Hub manager with monitoring attrition levels, sickness and absence and to develop and embed alleviation plans.
- Measure utilisation and productivity
- Ensure SLAs and KPIs are in place so deadlines can be monitored and quality of work can be measured
- Produce monthly management information to report to senior manager
- Work with Microsoft excel and various desktop and cloud accounting packages
- Provide support and assistance to other teams during busy periods if primary commitments allow you to do so and seek to be involved in other projects outside your primary role when opportunities arise
We’re looking for someone with:
- One of the following qualifications; ACCA, ACA, CIMA
- Experience in a similar role and experience with people and performance management
- Good stakeholder management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Experience with managing a team; Measuring utilisation, productivity and quality within team and reporting on this
- Experience in using desktop and/or cloud accounting packages
- Specifically Sun, SAP Business1, AIQ, Netsuite, etc
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience with other Microsoft packages
- Well presented with a professional level of communication - both verbal and written
- Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise/complete tasks
- Ability to work well in a team environment, use own initiative and take a flexible approach
In return we can offer:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. My client understands that everyone is different so, they offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Their flexible benefits platform, means you can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits you. Including:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
If your a qualified accountant with great communication skills, this could be the right role for you!
Apply using the link below