Assistant Finance Manager
- Ref: DGX11786
- Industry: Accountancy & Finance
- Categories: Qualified
- Type: Permanent
About the Role
A long established engineering business is currently seeking a driven and ambitious Part Qualified (CIMA/ACCA) Accountant to join their finance team and provide close support to the Finance Manager. Due to the recent rapid expansion of the business, this role has been newly created, and will focus on producing the monthly management accounts, overseeing transactional duties including account reconciliations, processing payroll, and creating cash flow forecasts for the business. The successful individual will also have the opportunity to support the Finance Manager on wider business projects.
As this role is brand new within the business, our client is looking for someone who is able to join them as soon as possible, and wants to progress quickly into a more senior role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Production of monthly management accounts and month end reporting
- Month end journal postings, balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis
- Nominal account processing
- Budget preparation
- Payroll administration
- Daily bank reconciliations and management
- Assisting with cash flow forecasting
- Supporting the Accounts Payable team
- Assist with year-end reporting
The ideal candidate:
- Will be CIMA or ACCA finalist or above
- Immediately or quickly available to start and hit the ground running
- Experience using SAGE accounting packages
- Keen to progress into a more senior role in the short to medium term
If the above role sounds like it would be an interesting opportunity for you, please apply for immediate consideration.