- Ref: DGX11831
- Industry: Accountancy & Finance
- Categories: Accounts
- Type: Permanent
About the Role
Are you looking for a new opportunity, to work within a prestigious and well-known business, with ambitious growth plans?
Do you want a team, business and product that you can get behind, and can give you the opportunity to grow in your career?
An opportunity has arisen for a Financial Accountant to join a long-established and reputable manufacturing business in the Liverpool area.
The business has a preference for Practice-trained ACA accountants, but will consider ACCA qualified individuals also.
What does a typical day look like?
- Run and support period end processes with support from Accounting & Compliance Manager
- Focus on controls across the GL process and balance/site-related balance sheet reconciliations
- Support accurate completion of VAT and other statutory returns
- Process and perform accurate reconciliation of intercompany transactions across numerous GROUP businesses
- Foreign currency management, including hedge accounting
- Possess knowledge of the latest changes in accounting standards, such as IFRS 9, 15 & 16
- Working capital and cash flow reporting and analysis
- Discount analysis, reporting and controls
- Further reporting requirements from other Finance teams
- Work well as part of a small central team, supporting both senior and junior members
- Builds strong relationships with central and site-based Finance teams
- Build strong, credible relationships across Group, in particular around Treasury and Tax
- Good understanding of controls and processes, a strong technical background
- Experience of, and proficiency in SAP would be beneficial
We are looking for people with the ability to work at pace and the desire to be constantly challenged to do better. In return you will enjoy opportunities to develop and grow both personally and professionally.
We have been recruiting for this organisation for several years now and can confirm that it’s a fast paced and dynamic company and by giving their employees full accountability they create a great work environment.
If this role is of interest, please get in contact with Dan Gibson @ Marshall Moore for more information.