- Ref: HSCX6060
- Industry: Practice
- Categories: Accounts
- Location: Northwich
- Type: Permanent
About the Role
A leading firm of Chartered Accountants are currently seeking an ACA / ACCA qualified Accountant to join their Northwich offices. With various offices across the North West and a varied portfolio of clients, my client provides a range of specialist services including Tax, Audit, Accountancy and Forensic Accounting.
The successful candidate will report to the Associate Director of Small Business and will manage a varied portfolio of small business clients. This role would suit a candidate who is looking for a hands-on client facing role in a growing accountancy practice.
This award-winning firm can offer a competitive salary, flexible working environment and excellent benefits including 26 days holiday! There are also excellent opportunities for progression including building and developing your own portfolio of clients.
The Accountant will be responsible for:
- Preparation and review of accounts for sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and charities.
- Completing monthly bookkeeping and quarterly VAT returns.
- Use of computer software including IRIS, Sage, Xero and Quickbooks
- Preparation of income tax and corporation tax computations and returns.
- Assistance with the preparation and filing of Construction Industry Scheme returns.
- Assisting trainee accountants within the team.
- Ensuring work is completed to a high standard and on time.
- Dealing with client queries and building ongoing client relationships.
- Other ad-hoc assignments as assigned by the Head of Small Business.
- Ensuring that adequately trained and experienced staff are allocated to assignments to ensure that work is completed as cost effectively as possible.
- Ensuring that clients’ work is dealt with in a timely manner.
- Ensuring communication within the management team is effective and efficient in order to achieve the firm’s goals.
Essential Requirements are:
- Proven experience in a similar role within Practice
- ACA / ACCA Qualified
- QBE candidates can also be considered for the position
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced practice Accountant to join a market leading firm on a permanent basis. If you are seeking an opportunity that can offer an impressive remuneration package, career progression and the opportunity to develop your own portfolio of clients, then please apply using the link below!
The above vacancy is only one of many that we are handling. Marshall Moore Practice division specialises in recruiting all types of practice vacancies for both temporary and permanent assignments including:
- Audit Senior/Accounts Senior/Tax Senior and Semi-Senior
- Audit Manager
- Corporate Finance Specialist
- Transactional Service Analyst
- Partner and Practice Manager
Marshall Moore is a leading specialist recruitment consultancy. If you would like a confidential discussion about your requirements, please don’t hesitate to call Marshall Moore at our Liverpool office. Alternatively submit your CV for immediate consideration and you will be contacted by one of our specialist consultants.